Yield: 4-5 dozen cookies, depending on how big you make them
Bake Time: 10-11 minutes per batch, at 375.
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed (light or dark is irrelevant)
- a stick and a half of butter (nuke it if you have to, or melt it on the stovetop)
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cloves
- big pinch of salt (maybe close to 1/4 tsp.)
- extra granulated sugar, for the rolling thing
Chill it in the fridge for maybe an hour, or the freezer for half an hour.
Preheat your oven to 375F, and when you are ready to bake these suckers, get out a spoon, ball up a scoop in your hands, roll the top half of it in that excess sugar, and just plop them onto your cookie sheet, sugar side up.
I lightly grease my cookie sheet with a little canola oil, because it's aluminum, but if you have a non-stick one, skip that.
Tip: between batches, stick the dough back in the fridge, because if it isn't cold, it'll get sticky, and won't roll into balls very well.